5.06.2010

what i deserve

Ah, the moment of truth. I've never been much of a liar or a bullshitter. If I didn't do something, I'll admit to it. If I'm not going to finish something in time, I'll keep doing it at the same slow, carefully thought-out pace until I run out of time. A bullshitter, I am not.

I would deserve a D, and apparently the highest grade I'm going to get is a D, so at least I'm honest with myself. I deserve a D because I am a procrastinator and if I know there is time left to complete an assignment, I will utilize it. This isn't an excuse, it's just the truth.

I can accept responsibility and take a C home. That may mean r
epeating this course again, depending on the new guidelines being thrown about, but I actually liked the class, so that wouldn't be so bad. I don't know who'll be teaching it though or how they'll tackle the course, so that's a little scary. But I have no choice. I'm holding myself accountable.

I would like to clarify, however, that I am not lazy. I used to think I was, but I always start out the first month strong. I keep my agenda filled out and detailed, and I actually take the time to do my homework on time. I always strive to earn my B. I told myself this semester that I would write one blog every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Four blogs a week, as required by this course and Online Journalism. I did that for two weeks. I held my own. But then I became aware of the deadline and realized I had time now that I could use, and I would have time later to finish everything else. Obviously that was a flawed idea.

I am not lazy. I just put things on hold. I put other classes before this. And that was a regrettable choice, as it is for some course every semester. This isn't an appeal to you,
Professor Carr. This isn't an apology. I deserve that A. I deserve that A for my hit-or-miss blog and my forced wit and my love of all things popular and all things weird.

I am accountable for my A. Or D. Or C. You're deciding. But I still have HOPE, so...you know. Stick it to Southern and pass me.


[/tasteless]

No comments:

Post a Comment